Sunday, February 28, 2010

6th Grade Revisited - The Standardized Test

I am so glad it is ISTEP time, whew; I need a little break from 6th grade. I had to down play my excitement though, because my son is not a happy camper right now. I empathize; I have had many years of the ole standardized testing under my belt. It is not fun! My son and I tried to come up with a top ten list of why these types of tests are so awful…and here it is…drum roll please:

10. Don’t like the word TEST!

9. Teachers wig out!

8. The nightmares you have before the test.

7. The nightmares you have during the test.

6. Hates the big stop sign at the bottom of each test.

5. To afraid to look around for fear you will be accused of cheating.

4. The quiet…THE UNBEARABLE QUIET!!

3. You may never want use, look at, or hear about a number- two pencil again (this actually happened to me).

2. The anxiety that comes over you when you feel you can not completely erase a mistake.

1. THE MATH STOR Y PROBLEMS!!!!

Ok, now go sharpen your pencils!

No comments:

Post a Comment