Sunday, December 6, 2009

6th Grade Revisited -Pardon my turkey!

Our latest homework assignment - write a letter to President Obama worthy enough to pardon a Thanksgiving turkey. Our letters:

SON’S

Dear President Obama,

I am the President/CEO of the Obama fan club which has four million members in the U.S. and we all voted for you, now if you eat me you will lose 4 million voters. Our fan club was also thinking about opening new businesses such as Wal-O’Bama, Bed Bath and Obama, Obama’s ‘R’Us and Obama Wild Wings. We will halt these plans if you do not pardon me. Losing all this will guarantee no second term. I know you are busy, so I will let you go…but first I want to add that I also have a disease called T1K1 so eating me could start a pandemic.

MINE

Dear President Obama,

Please pardon this turkey Mr. Giblet McCluckin (Gib for short) because he was unjustly accused! I have been an avid supporter visiting him for many years, while he was on death crow. He asked me to look into his case, so without a reservation, I began sinking my teeth in. After pouring over the facts in his case, it was apparent there was no forensic evidence linking him to the crime of which he is accused. No bird DNA, no eagle-eye witnesses, and no three-toed footprints found anywhere at the crime scene. The lack of evidence could have knocked me over with a feather. I firmly believe Gib was framed by Hampton Von Glutton III. I know, I know pigs get blamed for pretty much everything, but I do believe Hampton is the guilty party. Mr. Obama, you must pardon my turkey because he was not involved in any fowl play!

P.S. I am not asking you to give up protein cold turkey, just eat pork instead!



Neither of us talked to the other about what we were going to write…hmmm I wonder if a certain flu virus was on both our minds..ahh the wonderful media....STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment