Sunday, November 22, 2009

6th Grade Revisited - Diary of a Wimpy Mom

My son told me I could not be a true 6th grader until I read at least one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. After reading, I have to admit it is my new favorite book now! My son was shocked; he could not believe I loved it so much. He thought I would not be able to relate. In his mind only kids go through mishaps and adventures. According to him, grown-ups lead boring lives, just pushing paper all day at work. Recently, I started a new job so to prove him wrong; letting him know that I also lead an exciting, adventurous life at work, I decided to keep a diary this week… I’ll call it Diary of a Wimpy Mom:

Monday

Last week I sent out an email to everyone in the office informing that the doors on the wooden cabinet in the break room are fragile. (Previously I had leaned up against it, in order to get something, and slightly fractured the door). The cabinet was still operational, however, if someone leaned on it again it would not be. Guess what I did this morning even after I warned everyone…









Tuesday

We’ve had a temp helping us out the past few weeks. I think I am the only one who notices that she spend 30 minutes in the bathroom at a time (I clocked it). Hmmmm…I wonder what she is doing in there?






Wednesday

For some reason my husband is obsessed with Bounce fabric sheets. Seriously! Dude will place 4 or 5 sheets in a single load of laundry. Consequently, I am constantly picking them off my clothes in the morning, and sometimes I miss one… Usually it’s the one that is stuck in a place not easily accessible!







Thursday

On Thursday’s, I have to return the space heater that I borrow from the CFO. Thursday is the only day she is in the office, so today I freeze! Therefore, I have now dubbed Thursdays as “Snuggie Day”. I am wearing a Snuggie, and I do not care what people say!






Friday

The holidays are coming up, so I asked my boss if they have pitch-ins here at the office. She said “No.” EUREKA…I just found my Shangri-la! I hate pitch-ins! My former jobs always had them, and they stress me out!









My son did the illustrations...THANK GOD!!! You would not want to see my drawings.
STAY TUNED in 2 weeks after Thanksgiving break! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. THAT WAS AWESOME!! I LOVE THE ILLUSTRATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete