Sunday, October 4, 2009

6th Grade Revisited - The Field Trip

As I mentioned before, there are a few things limiting me from fully revisiting 6th grade, because I simply refuse to do them, including field trips! Besides, I don't rememember our school system offering any 6th grade field trips back in 1982; therefore no need for me to re-live anything now. My experience with some of my sons' previous feild trips have given me good reason to totally swear them off...

I can’t even go to the mailbox during the fall season without sneezing my fool head off, but I agreed to go to the pumpink patch and go on a hay ride in the middle of October. What was I thinking? I sneezed endlessly and overheard one of my son’s classmate’s say, “What is wrong with your mommy?” How embarrassing! I was a nasty snotty mess after that field trip. That was the second grade...

Then there was third grade, when all of the classes went to see a play at Butler Theater. The teacher assigned me what seemed like 50 kids (ok it was really about 15…but still!) When the kids I was in charge of got off the bus, the girls all held hands and started walking quietly to the theater. The boys got out of the bus and scattered like little cockroaches, plus there were like five other schools pulling up and getting off the buss all at the same time! Eeek, can we say nervous break down. After it was all over, I pretty much needed a valium and a glass of Merlot.

So you see, NO FIELD TRIPS for me! I told my son to give me a full report for my blog since I can't go with him on his 6th grade trip. He told me they went to a place called the Challenger Center. He went on and on about how great it was... they all had to pretend to be astronauts/mission control personnel and simulate a mission into space. WHAT! I missed the coolest sounding field trip of them all! I started to get kind of disappointed that I made up the no-field-trip rule. That is until…he began telling me about the non-stop singing on the bus which included rounds of Sponge Bob Square Pants and the FreeCreditReport.com jingle…Keep my rules, keep my sanity...STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment