Sunday, August 16, 2009

6th Grade Revisited - The First Week

Just to recap I have decided I am going back to sixth grade with my son, spiritually, mentally, emotionally…just not physically of course…that would be too creepy. Since my 6th grade year was pretty much a big ole mountain of suck, I feel this is my opportunity for a “do over!”

So I asked my son on Wednesday (his first day), “how was school?” he sad “good”, on Thursday, the response was “good” and then on Friday I got “good” (those of you who have boys this response is probably all too familiar). Then I said, well son you are going to have to give me more info because I am starting a blog about “our” sixth grade experience….and then the flood gates start pouring! I could not get him to shut up – note to all parents if you want to get info from your kids tell them their stories will be featured in a blog. Those who have introverted kids let them know the names will be changed to protect the innocent. Extroverted, well, tell them their names will be in all caps with a 14 inch font.

Anyway, not much going on this week, our teachers are nice, the love of our life (well ever since 3rd grade at least) is in EVERY class we have and we don’t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet. We have had some drama…WE CAN’T GET OUR LOCKER OPEN!!! Just about every kid in the class knows our locker combination because they have made attempts to open it for us.

So now my son has this fear that a bully armed with his locker combination will shove him in his own locker one day. He watches too much TV.

Well that is it for the first week can’t wait to get started on some real 6th grade homework I am so glad I don’t have to memorize states and their capitals…that was 5th grade… whew! …STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment