Wednesday, September 2, 2009

6th Grade Revisited - The Fourth Week

Well, we are now into our fourth week and just finished our first major assignment. Our teacher had us make up our own country based on the things we like. My son’s country was called Sugertopia – can you guess what he likes? My country was Sleepganistan, cuz well, I love me some sleep! We had to illustrate our country equipping them with rivers, lakes, a peninsula, an archipelago (yeah, I know…huh?) and an historical event.

Sketching and colorinig my country wasn’t that difficult, my coloring skills are impeccable, thanks to Pre-K. But when it came to fabricating an historical event - WOW – had to completely shut down the left side of my brain to let the right side do its thing!

The following are the historical events related to our countries:

Sugartopia – During the Great Sugar Blight of 1809, the sugar became contaminated and 4 million people died. Also, later that same year was the Revocandiary War. The government wanted the citizens to only make chocolate, but the Sugartopians also wanted gummies; therefore they revolted.

Sleepganistan – The only major event worth noting was in 1829. Sandmen went on strike leaving the poor citizens of Sleepganistan awake for twenty-four straight hours.

Whew, this project drained me! My son was ready to play video games after we were finished with the project and I…well I was ready to take a trip to Sleepganistan…STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment