Sunday, November 1, 2009

6th Grade Revisited - First Semester Ends/Parent-Teacher Conference

Yea!! The moment I have been waiting for…Parent-Teacher conference! I think it will be fun attending as a former 6th grade student, turned parent, turned 6th grader again. I bet this teacher has no idea I am one of her students...um, well, kind of. I feel like I am in one of those Little Rascal’s episodes where Buckwheat puts on a long overcoat, gets on Spanky’s shoulders and they begin to infiltrate adult venues. I just hope I don’t transform right before teach’s eyes into a pouty 6th grader with a chip on my shoulder, viewing this woman across from me as the assignment-giving enemy that she is. I'll have to compose myself, but what if she says things like:

"I would like your son to be more organized”, to which I might spout, “Hey at least we turn everything in on time.” Or this one..." Try to keep your child healthy by having him eat a good breakfast and get enough sleep.” "Here’s a tip; try not sitting us on top of each other. We can eat from the food pyramid and get 12 hours of shut eye, douse our bodies in Purell, but when we have people coughing and sneezing right in our face, the inevitable is going to happen. And another thing, In one breath, you tell us attendance is the most important thing, yet you say don’t come to work…uuhhhh I mean school with a fever.” Hmmmm, I am beginning to understand why my son sometimes questions authority.

Anyway, we made it, through the first semester Yippee!!! As promised, I am posting our first semester grades and a social studies assignment I mentioned before in a previous blog. I will post on Monday and…Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment